Top 15 Reason to choose Chiropractic Synergy Wellness Center
- Dr. Lori Enevoldsen, D.C. Not just another chiropractor, Dr. Lori is passionate about comprehensive wellness and results driven patient care. Your plan of care is broken into three categories; (1) Relief Care, (2) Corrective Care and (3) Wellness Care. Dr. Enevoldsen is Board Certified by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners and by the state of Indiana. She is a Certified Extremity Practitioner and a Certified Wellness Consultant and member of the Foundation for Wellness Professionals, a non-profit association of natural healthcare professionals who devote their time to educate their local communities on health-related topics by performing screenings and workshops.
- Extremity Solutions. Extremity adjusting is alternative care to the traditional treatments of western medicine such as drugs, injections and surgery. Many people are surprised to learn that joint pain, malfunction in the hand, wrist, elbow, shoulder, ankle or knee can often be helped through proper chiropractic care. Proper motion is essential for proper function. When joint function is impaired, there is a reduced range of motion, inflammation, calcium build up and scar tissue. All of these translate to PAIN. This can be caused from repetitive motions, overexertion, slips, falls, accidents and spinal misalignments. Awareness of these types of problems has become more common with terms like "tennis elbow", "runners knee", frozen shoulder", and "carpal tunnel syndrome".
- Ease Pain. Chiropractors primarily focus on relieving bone, joint, connective tissue (ligaments, tendons and cartilage) and muscle pain through therapeutic care and alternative intervention. They basically deal with the underlying reasons of back pain, pain disorders, headaches and sports injuries by treating the source as more often than not, these are associated to partial displacement, of a bone in an organ or joint particularly in the spine or in medical term, vertebral subluxation. Chiropractic doctors adjust this dislocation to its correct position alleviating the pain.
- Headaches. “Cervical spine manipulation was associated with significant improvement in headache outcomes in trials involving patients with neck pain and/or neck dysfunction and headache.” Duke Evidence Report, McCrory, Penzlen, Hasselblad, Gray (2001) “The results of this study show that spinal manipulative therapy is an effective treatment for tension headaches. . . Four weeks after cessation of treatment . . . the patients who received spinal manipulative therapy experienced a sustained therapeutic benefit in all major outcomes in contrast to the patients that received amitriptyline therapy, who reverted to baseline values.” ‘— Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, Boline et al. (1995)
- Reduce Stress. Chiropractic intervention lessens the episode of stress by promoting an active lifestyle and regular exercise. This may allow the body to pull off a balance, thereby easing stress and avoiding anxiety. You have to remember though that chiropractors do not generally treat anxiety/depression but through their intervention, endorphins are increased alleviating depressive signs and symptoms.
- Reduce Medication Dependence. Drugs and medications have dangerous side effects on the body and on the general health and by regularly seeking chiropractic care, you may likely reduce or totally get rid of your dependence on chemical medications. Pain medications have undesirable effects on the gastrointestinal system and long-term use of these medications may worsen the issue or point of concern. With chiropractors alleviating your pain disorder, you lessen the incidence of medication intake.
- Improve Sleep and Quality of Life. Sleeplessness is oftentimes caused by depression/anxiety or pain affecting your quality of life and addressing your pain or anxiety through chiropractic techniques may promote a better quality of sleep. Enhanced sleeping habits improve your immune system providing your body the ability to fight certain diseases.
- Improved Range of Motion and Peak Performance. Many athletes see chiropractors on a regular basis. Professional athletes in every sport have endorsed chiropractic and given it credit, in part, to their level of success. Chiropractic helps the musculoskeletal system to perform more balanced. This tends to reduce injury and recover from it faster. People such as Tiger Woods, Jerry Rice, Evander Holyfield, Lance Armstrong and many others include Chiropractic as part of their lifestyle.
- Encourage Physical Activity. Inactivity or inactive lifestyle can often lead to degenerative diseases and seeking a chiropractic care may promote good mental and physical health as patients tend to move more when the pain is treated. With improved function, patients can focus on a regular exercise regimen.
- Prevent Other Conditions. Disorders that may be helped by chiropractic range from infantile colic, ear infections and behavioral problems to PMS, high blood pressure and Parkinson’s disease. It is well understood that vertebral subluxations affect nervous system functioning. Along with the brain, the spinal cord is the main component of the central nervous system, which controls nervous system functioning throughout the body and supplies nerve energy for all the body structures and organs. Many patients who present to chiropractors for treatment report positive changes in other areas of their health as well.
- Boost Productivity. Since chiropractic care keeps you healthier, you will also find that your efficiency at work increases, also. For instance, chiropractic care rids LBP associated with sitting hour after hour in ergonomically incorrect chairs. “Sitting causes the pelvis to rotate backwards and causes a reduction in the lumbar lordosis, chunk-phi angle, and knee angle” notes researchers. Treatment also causes “an increase in muscle effort and disk pressure” (JMPT 1999; 22:594-609). In relating LBP can lead to work absence and higher medical costs: the focus of a study published earlier this year. In a review of 250 employees receiving workers compensation for low back pain– 72 of whom had no physically therapeutic care — patients receiving spinal adjustments experienced greater reductions in pain and disability. This translated into lower therapeutic costs and a faster return to work (Spine Journal 2006; 6:289-295). Chiropractic care effectively restores proper spinal alignment and reduces LBP. Missing appointments however, may foster a “one step forward, to step back” scenario.
- Chiropractic Improves Cognitive Function. Mapping of brain activity before and after chiropractic adjustments of the spine and the neck reveals that chiropractic care stimulates cognitive function. In a study involving 500 adult volunteers, researchers used cutting edge technology to create maps of functioning in the cortical portions of the brain before and after chiropractic adjustments of the cervical spine. Researchers found that “cervical adjustments activate specific neurological pathways” in the brain, potentially stimulating cognitive function (JMPT 1997;20:529). Chiropractic adjustments also enhance response mechanisms in the brain, according to researchers in New Zealand who conducted a study involving 30 volunteers: all with evidence of cervical spinal joint dysfunction. Instead of cortical mapping the researchers used reaction time to various stimulation as a gauge. “Multiple sites of cervical spinal joint dysfunction were related to impaired cortical processing,” noted the researchers. This was demonstrated by “significantly less accurate response selection and a trend toward more variable performance of an anticipated response.” (JMPT 2005;28:502-7). After chiropractic adjustments, the volunteers demonstrated improved cortical processing and response selection.
- Chiropractic Boosts Immunity. Scientific research reveals that regularly scheduled chiropractic care may boost the body’s immune response. And a powerful immune system is a key component of chiropractic's all-natural approach. One study involved 11 patients over a nine-month period. The pilot study provided preliminary information regarding chiropractic care and possible links to improved immune status. Chiropractic care also boosted other aspects of health and quality of life – as mentioned above (JVSR 2006 1-6). Another study in 1991 even found that chiropractic adjustments boost levels of polymorphonuclear neutrophils (PMN) and monocytes — white blood cells associated with a healthy immune system (JMPT 1991; 7:399-408).
- Detoxification & Weight Release. If you would like release weight ... you must detoxify your body! Our program incorporates all of the essential facts to obtain and maintain long-term weight loss. Most programs are focused on short term, quick weight loss with a total disregard for long-term results. Most people are completely unaware that our bodies store toxins that we are exposed to every minute of the day. In only one week, we are exposed to 82,000 different toxins though the pollution of our air, food, and water. These toxins become encapsulated in fat that become stored in out fat cells to provide a protective barrier from their damaging effects. What is the weight release secret? Release the toxins; release the fat. They must be released as a unit. When the toxins are released the fat goes with it. Have you ever dieted only to find that you gained the weight back and in some cases even gained more weight? This occurred because you left the toxins behind. You lost weight and therefore reduced the size of your body, but left behind a higher concentration of toxins. Your body recognized this situation. When you went back to eating normally again the body immediately began to manufacture fat to surround the toxins once again to protect you from the damage they can cause. Unless the toxins are released the "yo-yo" diet phenomenon will continue. The average weight released in the first week is anywhere from 4 to 11 pounds. In the following weeks the average person released 1 to 4 pounds per week until the target weight was reached. By breaking the bonds that keep access fat literally glued to your body, weight release is consistently achieved. The most common responses we receive from the program are a loss of cravings, increased energy levels, weight release and improved mental clarity. An improperly functioning nervous system caused by spinal misalignment (subluxations) and hormone imbalances from adrenal gland malfunction may also contribute to weight gain and inhibit its release.
- Hormone Balancing.
Chiropractic Synergy Wellness Center
Wellness Care for a Balanced Life
9501 Indianapolis Blvd., Suite A
Highland, IN 46322